CSS

Monday, May 3, 2010

Family Meat Loaf with Brown Sugar Glaze

When I got married my husband said he didn't like meatloaf, so I never made it. I finally decided I was going to make it and he would try it. It's now one of his favorite meals, and my kids love it too. This recipe is an easy meatloaf with a sweet glaze. I always serve it with mashed potatoes (my favorite is garlic cheese).  I like to use quick oats and dried minced onion in the recipe. To drain the grease after it bakes I use my bulb baster. I tip the pan a little and use the baster to suck up all the grease.

Family Meat Loaf with Brown Sugar Glaze
Meatloaf
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
2/3 cup quick oats OR 1 c fine bread crumbs
1/2 cup onion finely chopped OR 1 TBSP dried minced onion
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Glaze
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup ketchup
1 1/2 tsp mustard (optional)

1. Combine all meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
2. Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well. Spread 1/2 cup of glaze into bottom of a loaf pan.
3. Press meatloaf mixture into loaf pan. Spread remaining glaze over top of meatloaf.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove from oven and drain. Slice and serve. Serves 6-8

1 comment:

Kristy said...

we had this for dinner tonight, it was so tasty! We loved it.