CSS

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Taco Salad

I had this taco salad at my friend Aurora's house for book group a couple years ago. It was so delicious! The distinctive thing about it is the Catalina dressing. It makes the salad a little sweet and tangy. I like to make it all the time, especially in the summer. This time when I made it I tried something new. I made a taco salad bowl from a tortilla. It ended up kinda small, but fun, and the kids liked it.

 Taco Salad
Aurora Dascanio
1lb. ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 16oz can kidney beans, drained
1 small can sliced olives
Chopped tomato
Torn lettuce
Shredded cheese
Diced avocado
Crushed tortilla chips
Catalina dressing
Chopped purple or green onion, if desired

Brown ground beef; add taco seasoning and cook according to package directions. Toss ingredients together and serve immediately.

Taco Salad Bowls
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Crumple 4 large sheets of foil to make 4-3inch balls; place on baking sheet. Place 1-8in. tortilla on top of each ball, spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp chili powder. Bake 6-8 minutes.

2 comments:

Teresa Patterson said...

Christine, We made your healthy taco salad shells today. My kids thought I was amazing. I've never made them before -- wow what an improvement over the deep fried shells.

Thanks for sharing

aurora said...

So glad you liked it! Thanks for the shout out.
xo