CSS

Monday, September 13, 2010

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

 I don't usually follow a recipe when I make enchiladas. I just use some meat, sauce, cheese, and add some things here and there. Our favorite is chicken with a creamy salsa verde sauce. I measured everything out last time I made them and this is my recipe.

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1 1/4 cups green salsa
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/2 tsp cumin
8-10 (12in.) tortillas
1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided

1. In a medium bowl combine sour cream and salsa. Stir to combine. Spread a small amount of mixture in the bottom of a 8x12in. baking dish. Measure out 1 cup of the remaining sauce and set aside.
2. Add chicken, onion, cumin, and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese to sauce in bowl. Mix well.
3. Spoon heaping 1/4 cup of chicken mixture into each tortilla. Roll up and place seam sides down in baking dish. Spread reserved 1 cup of sauce onto the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with reamaining 1 cup of cheese.
4. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.

Serves 4-6

1 comment:

Glory Watts said...

making this tonight!! I LOVE Enchiladas, and love to try different recipes for it.