CSS

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Classic Pecan Pie

Pecan is my favorite Thanksgiving pie. This is the recipe my Mom has always used, and I've been making for a few years now. It's actually the Karo syrup recipe. It's very easy and so much better than store bought. I like to use the light syrup because I always have it on hand. If you like more of a molasses flavor then use the dark. I also use chopped pecans instead of halves. I like a little real whipped cream on the top too.

Classic Pecan Pie
adapted from karo.com
1 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 TBSPs butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups (6oz) chopped pecans
1 (9in) unbaked deep-dish pie crust

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
3. Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.

 Ready to bake.


No comments: