CSS

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip

I was introduced to this dip 3 years ago by my friend Aubri. I loved it, and since then I make it every year during the holidays.

Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
Aubri Larson
Cranberry Sauce
1 cup orange juice
1 cup sugar
1 (12oz.) package fresh cranberries

Cream Cheese Spread
1 (8oz.) package cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 TBSP honey
1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon

Toasted slivered almonds (optional)

1. Combine orange juice and sugar in a saucepan. Heat to a soft boil, and boil for 2 minutes. Add cranberries and boil 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate overnight.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, honey, and cinnamon; mix well.
3. Spread cream cheese mixture on a platter, plate, or pie pan. Spread cranberry sauce on top. Sprinkle on toasted slivered almonds, if desired. Serve with crackers.

1 comment:

Lynnie said...

ha, I lost this recipe!! My mom came to visit me the last time I made it, (3 yrs ago) and then this year requested it again. I had to google it to find something similar, but the recipe I found didn't have the sour cream. I forgot that is what made it so extra good. mmmmm