CSS

Friday, May 6, 2011

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips

I took this dish to a Cinco de Mayo party yesterday, and had a few requests to put it on my blog. I kinda followed a recipe from allrecipes.com, but made a few changes, like my addition of mango. Make sure you cut the apples up last and then stir them in immediately so they won't turn brown. The cinnamon chips were really fun to make. I made some extras when I got home for my kids. Even by themselves they are a fun treat. I sprayed the tortillas with spray butter, 10 times on each side, but you could also use butter flavored cooking spray.

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
2 kiwis, peeled and diced
1 mango, peeled and diced
1 16oz. pkg strawberries, diced
2 green apples, diced
3 TBSPs fruit preserves, any flavor (I used apricot)
1-2 TBSPs sugar, if desired

1 cup sugar
1 TBSP cinnamon
8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
Butter spray

1. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, mangoes, strawberries, apples, fruit preserves, and sugar. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Combine 1 cup of sugar and the cinnamon in a big ziplock bag. Spray each flour tortilla with butter spray. Cut into wedges with a pizza cutter and shake each triangle in the bag of cinnamon and sugar until coated. Arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheets.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.

1 comment:

Memory said...

I LOVED this! Thank you for posting the recipe! I still think about it!