CSS

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jello Popcorn

I hadn't had this popcorn in so long, I had forgotten all about it! My friend Chanda made some for the 4th of July.  She made red, white, and blue, layered them in a bag, and tied it with a festive ribbon. It was so cute! I stole her idea and made some as a birthday party favor. I made berry blue, lemon, and lime. It's not hard to make and is a really fun treat!

Jello Popcorn
adapted from clairscreations.blogspot.com
2 (3.3oz) bags natural microwave popcorn, popped
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 TBSP corn syrup
3 TBSPs water
1 (3oz) box Jello

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
2. Place popped popcorn in a large bowl (I mean LARGE); remove unpopped kernels.
3. In a medium size saucepan mix margarine, sugar, corn syrup, water, and Jello over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Continue to let it boil while stirring it, for about 3 or 4 minutes, till it is nice and thick.
4. Pour the Jello mixture onto the popcorn and stir it until the all the popcorn is well coated. Pour the popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread it out evenly.
5. Bake for 20 mins, stirring once halfway through. Remove from oven and place cookie sheet on a wire cooling rack. When cool, break apart into small pieces.

2 comments:

Jill de Larzac said...

Hi! Do you mind if I re-post this recipe to a Facebook page? I wanted to email you more details, but I couldn't find an email. Sorry! But such a cool recipe!

Thanks!

Christine said...

Post away! I thought I had an email address on here somewhere. I'll have to fix that. Here it is: babyaimeesmom@msn.com. Thanks!!