CSS

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken

When I first made this a couple of months ago, I was on the fence as to whether or not it should go on my blog. We had it for the THIRD time last night, and I determined that it does belong. It's easy, only takes a few ingredients, and everyone in my family likes it (all huge pluses). It has an interesting flavor and I will definitely continue to make it. Update: I have made this a bunch of times now. I do it a little differently than originally posted, and have changed the recipe. I decreased the dressing and jam amounts because there was so much excess sauce. I have also used Catalina and French dressings when I couldn't find Russian, and they taste about the same.

Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
adapted from nummiesforyou.blogspot.com
6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
1 cup Russian salad dressing
1 cup apricot jam
1 package dry onion soup mix

In a medium sized bowl mix the dressing, jam, and onion soup mix. Place the chicken in a slow cooker and pour the apricot mixture over. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10. Serve with rice.

1 comment:

Chanda said...

This is a fav at our house. After the chicken is done, I pull it out and shred it and then add it back into the sauce. We serve it over rice and steamed stir-fry veggies.