CSS

Friday, September 9, 2011

Creamy Italian Chicken

I found a slow cooker recipe this week that I feel deserves to be added to my blog. You can't get much easier than 4 ingredients! I will most definitely be making this again. I had it with rice, the hubby had mashed potatoes. It would also be good with noodles.

Creamy Italian Chicken
adapted from forkinit.blogspot.com
4-6 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg. zesty Italian dressing mix

1. Place frozen chicken in slow cooker.
2. In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, soup, and dressing mix; stir well.
3. Pour cream cheese mixture over chicken.
4. Cover and cook on high 4-6 hours.

Serve with rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.


Here's what the dressing mix looks like.

3 comments:

Martins said...

Hey I have that same recipe, I got it from my sister and I really like it. Although I would like to try it with half the cream cheese next time because I had so much sauce left over.

Colleen said...

I made this and put it over spaghetti noodles.... all my kids loved it, even the "picky" ones! :)

Molly said...

Yum. Made a double batch to fill my crock pot. Excellent recipe. Was questioning cream cheese in the crock pot...worked well. Because I can't leave well enough alone I added some crushed garlic and black pepper. 3 1/2 year old said, "Mommy, this chicken is delicious!"