CSS

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

These chocolate chip cookies are awesome! I already have a chocolate chip cookie recipe posted on my blog, and I love that one too, but these are different. They have a box of instant vanilla pudding in them, which somehow makes them soft. I was skeptical at first, and thought I would be able to taste powdered pudding in the dough, but I can't. The dough is so good, sometimes I think I make these cookies just so I can eat it! 

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
bakingblonde.wordpress.com
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 small pkg (3.4oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips

1. Preheat your oven to 350. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add the pudding mix and mix until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well and scraping the bowl after each addition eggs. Add vanilla.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture to the batter and mix just to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto prepared pan. Bake cookies 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden and set. Let cool on sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.

2 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

This is the only recipe I use for chocolate chip cookies. I found it years ago. There is also one for oatmeal raisin cookies with pudding in the mix.
For the chocolate chip cookies I have used chocolate pudding mix and white chocolate chips. SO yummy!!

Christine said...

I'll have to try those, Thanks!