CSS

Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

I love this pumpkin bread! I got this recipe last year from my friend Kristy (and she actually got it from my dentist's wife). I like it because it's very moist, and has white chocolate chips, which is kinda different. The white chocolate chips inside the bread melt and make these little pockets of gooey sweetness. This time when I made it I cheated a little with the spices and used 3 tsps of McCormick's Apple Pie Spice (which is cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice) plus 1/2 tsp cinnamon. This recipe makes 3 regular sized loaves. I've also made mini loaves.

Pumpkin Bread
5 ¼ cups flour
3 tsp soda
1 ½ tsps salt
1 ½ tsps cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
3 cups plus 7 TBSPs sugar
1 cup water
3 cups (1 large can) pumpkin
1 ½ c oil
6 eggs
12 oz. bag white chocolate chips

 In a large bowl, mix together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and sugar. Make a well. Add remaining ingredients to well. Add white chocolate chips. Mix until combined. Pour into greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Makes 3 regular sized loaves.

Mini Loaves

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a great version of pumpkin bread, I'm tired of the same of thing. Colleen

Lynnie said...

Yummy!!! Can't wait to try this. I have been looking for a good pumpkin bread recipe, and I know I can trust you! It has been a while since I stopped by your blog. I love it!!

irbuanosraL said...

I wonder if I can use pumpkin pie spice, it is all I have. How much of it would you use? And Christine, you are awesome, I miss you! If you ever come to UT please come say hi. ☺

irbuanosraL said...

That is my other google acct. (this is Aubri, ha!)

Christine said...

Hey Aubri! It took me a minute to figure out that coded user name! Pumpkin pie spice has ginger, so it will taste a little different, but I can't imagine it not tasting good. I would use 3 tsps of pumpkin pie spice and 1/2 of cinnamon. We miss you guys too! We're coming to Utah soon. I'll email you.