CSS

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake

I love it when I find a yummy and easy new dinner recipe! A friend of mine brought this dish to a get together and she emailed me the recipe. I made one little addition of sundried tomato pesto. Since this recipe calls for 2 jars of Alfredo sauce, you can mix up the flavors to find a combination you like. I use Bertolli Alfredo because it has the Best Taste Award seal on it. I made this for for some of my husband's family this week and was asked to post the recipe, so here it is!

Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
adapted from a Melissa Bell recipe
2 (15 oz) jars Alfredo sauce
1 jar of milk (15oz)
1 jar of water, plus 1 cup water (23oz)
1/2 cup sundried tomato pesto
1 1/2 - 2 cups cooked, chopped, chicken
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained and chopped (We're not mushroom fans, so I leave these out.)
2 tsps salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 lb. uncooked Rotini pasta

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray large baking dish or 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl mix both jars of alfredo. Add jar of milk, jar of water plus additional 1 cup water. (Shake the fluids in jar to get all of sauce left behind.) Stir well.
3. Add pesto, chicken, mushrooms, salt, and pepper; stir. Last, add the pasta. Stir well. Pour mixture into baking dish. Spread out and level the top so pasta sticking up won't be burned while cooking. (I press it down with a slotted pancake turner to bring the liquid to the top.)
4. Leave uncovered, place in oven. Cook for 1 hour or until pasta is soft and it is bubbling hot.

Variations: add 1-2 tsp of red pepper flakes
                use 1 lb of diced italian sausage instead of chicken
                add 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli.



1 comment:

Melly Ann said...

Just found this on Pinterest and I'm about to try it!! :) Thanks!!!