CSS

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Spinach and Artichoke Dip

I've been looking for a good spinach dip. My bestie Erica :), makes this artichoke dip that I love, so I decided to try throwing a little spinach in. It turned out so good! I served it at a party with pita chips, but you can also serve it with bread cubes, or even tortilla chips.

And wait!!! I've even made this on TV! You can find the post here: My PBS Segment

Spinach and Artichoke Dip
adapted from an Erica Starr recipe
2 pkgs (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayo
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (buy the wedge and shred it yourself, it melts better)
1 jar (12oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1/2 packed cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained (about 1/2 of a 9oz box)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, mayo, and shredded Parmesan cheese; mix well. Add in the chopped artichoke hearts, minced garlic, spinach, and stir to combine. Spread the mixture into a 9" pie plate and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly on top. Serve hot.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I'm not a fan of cooked spinach or artichokes... But together they're heavenly! Can't wait to try it!