CSS

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ham and Pineapple Spread

I needed something to take to a lunch get together this week, and couldn't think of any ideas. I ended up trying something new and it turned out wonderful! I spread it on baguette slices and topped it with a little chopped spring greens from a salad mix. You could also use it as a cracker dip. I got my ham from the deli. I just asked for 4 ounces sliced a little thick so I could chop it up (it was about 3 slices). If you don't like onions you can use less, or leave them out. This would be a great way to use up some leftover Easter ham too.

Ham and Pineapple Spread
adapted from food.com
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup (4 ounces) ham, chopped
8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained

1. Mix softened cream cheese and sour cream well.
2. Add parmesan, onion, and ham. Drain pineapple well, and add to mixture (I use a mesh strainer and dump the can in so I can then push all the juice out with the back of a spoon).
3.  Refrigerate for 2 hours for flavors to meld.


No comments: