CSS

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

BLT Chicken Salad

I'm always looking for new main dish salads for dinners in the summer. I took this salad to a gathering last week, and had enough leftovers to feed it to my family too. My 2 big kids ate it right up. I even got a "This is the best salad ever, mom". The dressing was good, easy to make, and interesting addition with the BBQ sauce. I also got to use some of my MANY cherry tomatoes we've been picking from our garden.

BLT Chicken Salad
adapted from tasteofhome.com
1/2 cup mayo
3 to 4 TBSPs BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's)
1 TBSP finely chopped onion
1 TBSP lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 cups salad greens (I used a bag of butter lettuce)
1 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped
1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (I marinated mine in a little BBQ sauce and then cooked it on my George Foreman grill.)
8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped

In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Place salad greens on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with tomatoes, chicken and bacon; garnish with eggs. Drizzle with dressing. Makes 8 servings


No comments: