CSS

Friday, July 5, 2013

BBQ Chicken Salad

We experienced a little of a heat wave last week, and I learned that I'm going to need more no-oven dinner ideas. We do not have an air conditioner in the house we are renting, and when it's in the 90s outside, it gets uncomfortably hot inside. I had some leftover BBQ chicken from this recipe here and instead of having hot BBQ sandwiches again, I made a salad. I just chopped up some things and let my kids build their own salads. It turned out really tasty, and was a good alternative for a hot day.

BBQ Chicken Salad
Rinsed and torn lettuce (I used red leaf and spinach)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
Frozen corn, thawed
Diced tomato
Chopped cucumber
Shredded cheddar cheese
Crushed tortilla chips
Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing

Combine salad ingredients. Drizzle on desired amount of dressing and toss to coat.

My leftover chicken

Some of the salad ingredients

No comments: