I love a main dish salad in the summer! This is a recipe you can make many different ways. I like crasins and almonds, but you can also use raisins and sun flower seeds. Blanching the broccoli makes it not quite as raw and crunchy and makes it a pretty green color. If you've never blanched veggies before you can read about how to do it here. I like a little onion flavor, but you can also make this without the onions. The dressing seems a little grainy because of the sugar, but it will dissolve after sitting in the fridge for awhile.
6 slices bacon
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup white sugar
4 tsps cider vinegar
3 heads fresh broccoli, cut into florets and blanched
1 cup crasins
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain, and rinse under cold water.
2. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix together mayo, sugar and vinegar to make the dressing.
4. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, tortellini, bacon, craisins, almonds, and red onion. Pour dressing over salad, and toss.
5. Cover and refrigerate until serving.