CSS

Friday, December 6, 2013

Pumpkin Pie

I finally made a pumpkin pie! I am not a fan of pumpkin pie, but my daughter likes it and I wanted to have one for guests at Thanksgiving. My mom has always made the Libby's pumpkin pie recipe that you can find on the can. This is a little different because I substituted half and half for some of the evaporated milk. It makes the pie not quite as dense. It turned out beautiful and everyone seemed to like it. Although I must say I didn't even taste it, because pecan pie is the only one for me. :) 

Pumpkin Pie
adapted from Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
1 small can (5 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
1 cup half and half
1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell or My Pie Crust
Whipped cream (optional)

1.  Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl; set aside.
2. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and half and half.
3. Pour into pie shell. Bake in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
4. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.

Ready for the oven.

Topped with a little whipped cream.


No comments: