I read a few recipes for scalloped potatoes and decided to put together my own that had everything I wanted including ham, so that I could make it a main dish. This is a great way to use up some of your leftover Easter ham! You can really make this a bunch of different ways. I used russet potatoes and left the skins on. I sliced them very thin with a mandolin. I also used cheddar and monterey jack cheese, but you could use any kind you like. When the cheese melts into the sauce becomes a little greasy looking. If you want to, you can push the potatoes over and whisk the sauce a little to combine it before serving.
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
1 TBSP oil
1/2 cup onion
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp parsley flakes
Pepper to taste
2 1/2 lbs potatoes, thinly sliced
2 cups chopped ham
2 cups shredded cheese
1. Heat oil in a skillet on low/med heat and saute onion and garlic until onion is soft, making sure not to let garlic burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a bowl combine soup, sour cream, milk, salt, parsley, and pepper. Mix well. Add onion and garlic mixture and stir to combine.
3. Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
4. Layer 1/2 of everything in this order: potato slices, ham, sauce mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers with other half.
5. Cook on low 6-7 hours or high for 4 hours until potatoes are tender. (If your slices are thick it will take a little longer to cook)