CSS

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Flat Bread Pizzas

School started today, which means I have time to post! This is what we had for dinner last night. We all like different toppings on our pizzas, so this is what I do to make everyone happy, with out spending a lot of time and/or money! I posted a BBQ Chicken Flat Bread Pizza recipe awhile back and this is basically the same thing but with tomato sauce and regular pizza toppings. You can use ANYTHING you like on these. We do pepperoni, sausage, cooked shredded chicken, olives, spinach, tomato, sautéed onion and green bell pepper...or whatever I feel like throwing on there. I love using the flat bread pitas because they are cheap and easy! 

Flat Bread Pizzas
6 Flat Bread Pitas
1 - 1 1/2 cups pizza or spaghetti sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Toppings

1. Prepare any toppings that need to be precooked, like chicken and sausage. I also sauté my onion and bell pepper first.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the pitas on 2 large baking sheets.
3. Spread about 3 TBSPs of sauce over each pita leaving a small space around the edge (we like a lot of sauce).
4. Sprinkle 1/3-1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese over sauce on each pizza.
5. Place your desired toppings on top of cheese. Sprinkle a tiny bit of cheese on top (I used cheddar in my pics).
6. Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes until crust is crispy and cheese is melted. Rotate pans halfway through baking.





No comments: