Yummy yum yum! We're trying to only eat dessert on the weekends right now, so when I make something it has to be GOOD! I made this last weekend to take to a potluck BBQ. When I picked up my platter it was all gone, but luckily I saved a few pieces at home. ;) This is a basic chocolate sheet cake with some chopped Oreos in the batter, topped with cream cheese frosting, and more Oreos. Next time you're making a chocolate sheet cake try throwing in some cookies!
Oreo Sheet Cake
Chocolate Sheet Cake
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup butter
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup hot water
1 1/2 cups chopped Oreo cookies
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 (8 oz.) pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup shortening
5 - 5 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Oreo cookies, chopped-for topping the cake
1. To make the cake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare sheet pan by spraying it with cooking spray. I used a 10 x 15.5 in. pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add cocoa powder and hot water and whisk to combine. Turn up the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil. When the mixture starts to boil, turn off the heat.
4. Add the melted butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth. Stir in the egg mixture and mix until combined. Stir in the chopped Oreo cookies.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
6. While the cake is baking, make the cream cheese frosting. In a mixer with paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, butter, and shortening until combined. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat on high for 5 minutes.
7. When the cake has cooled, frost with the cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle the cake with chopped Oreo cookies. Cut into squares and serve.