CSS

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Healthy Solutions Spice Blends - Slow Cooker Hearty Beef Stew

This is my first product review! I was contacted and asked to review the Healthy Solutions Spice Blends spice packets. I chose 4 spice packets to try and received samples in the mail: Savory Meatloaf, Authentic Chili/Tacos, Italian Meatballs, and Hearty Beef Stew. Each of them come with a recipe on the back. They are all natural, and most contain no salt or sugar. I'm not a health nut, so normally this isn't something that I really care about when buying spice packets, but I couldn't say no to trying something for free. You can't buy these at the store in Washington, but they sell them in a few states at Whole Foods and other stores, and of course you can buy them online on their website here. If these were available in my local store, I would probably buy them again. So if you live in one of the lucky states (like Texas), or are into online shopping, give these a try! I used the recipe on the stew packet and tweaked it a bit. It originally called for wine, which I don't usually cook with, so I substituted water and beef bouillon. It made a very flavorful broth and my family loved it. My husband really liked the flavor of the spices on the meat (said it tasted a little like bbq). Some of us opted to eat it over rice. I will use this recipe again, even if I don't have the spice packet.

Slow Cooker Hearty Beef Stew
adapted from Healthy Solutions Spice Blends
1 1/2-2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 onion, chopped (I like big chunks)
1 cup green beans, washed and trimmed (or other vegetable you like)
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 stalk celery, sliced
2 cups water
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 pkg Healthy Solutions Spice Blends Hearty Beef Stew or other stew spice packet
2 lbs beef stew meat or cube steak, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup chili sauce

1. Place all vegetables in bottom of slow cooker. Add water and bouillon cubes. Sprinkle 1/2 of spice packet over the top of vegetables.
2. Place meat on top. Sprinkle meat with remaining spices. Pour chili sauce on top of meat.
3. Cook on low 8-10 hours. (I like to cook on low for about 7 hours and then high for the last 2-3 hours just to make sure that meat is tender).
4. Stir and serve.







2 comments:

Black Ocean said...

I read your article and it is very nice & helpful thanks for sharing your work keep it up your work and tell us more interesting pieces of information thanks again for your work. Cheap herbal incense

Black Ocean said...

This blog is truly useful to convey overhauled instructive undertakings over web which is truly examination. I discovered one fruitful case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now. หน้าหลัก w88