No sugar in these! Can you believe it?! I love having them in the fridge because when I feel like a snack, I pop one in my mouth, and don't feel guilty. My kids like them too and I have to keep telling them they are MY snacks! If you're looking for something healthy and naturally sweet, give these a try.
2 cups pitted dates
3/4 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup natural nut butter (peanut, almond, or cashew)
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 TBSPs cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
1. Line a 8 inch or 9 inch square dish with parchment paper.
2. Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until the mixture becomes smooth and clumps into a ball, leaving only little pieces of nuts.
3. Dump the mixture into prepared pan.
4. Using your hands, press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the dish.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove the bars from the pan and cut into pieces.
Store them in an air tight container in the fridge or freezer.