Halloween dinner can't be creepier than this! Don't worry, this tastes better than it looks. :) Use your favorite meatloaf recipe and dress it up to look like a mummy or use mine posted at the bottom. See my step by step pics for assembly below.
Mummy MeatloafYour favorite meatloaf recipe (or see mine below)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 slices of bacon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put your meatloaf in a 9x13 in baking dish, or on a rimmed cookie sheet and shape it into a head.
3. Mix ketchup and brown sugar in a small bowl, and spread on the top of the meatloaf, leaving a couple of spoonfuls in the bowl for later.
4. Cut the end off of the onion and then cut one slice. Find 2 rings for eyes and put them on the meatloaf. Cut out some teeth from the leftover rings and position them on.
5. Wrap one slice of bacon from the top corner of the head down between the eyes and over to the side. Wrap another underneath the eye to the opposite side of the face. Wrap the last one at the top of the head. OR just do whatever you think looks good. :)
6. Spread the last 2 spoonfuls of ketchup and brown sugar mixture over the slices of bacon.
7. Bake for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Serve with brain jello.
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning
1 cup beef broth
Mix everything together with hands